Get ready to make a refreshing hibiscus tea cocktail that is just as good without the added gin. I know, you don’t know if you can believe me. You’ll have to try it for yourself!
1. 1 teabag or 1 tablespoon loose leaf hibiscus tea and 1 cup hot water
2. 1 sprig or 1 tablespoon dried Rosemary
3. 1⁄2 cup sugar
4. 1 can of soda water
5. lime wedges + rosemary sprigs for garnish
6. Gin is optional
1. Add hibiscus to 8 oz hot water.
2. Brew to desired strength. I prefer my tea to a brilliant pink colour. Strain if necessary.
3. Allow to cool.
ROSEMARY SIMPLE SYRUP
1. Add 1 tablespoon dried rosemary leaves or 1 sprig fresh rosemary to 1⁄2 cup water, 1⁄2 cup sugar to a saucepan.
2. Gently over medium heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture has thickened slightly.
3. Allow to cool and strain.
1. Combine 4 oz. hibiscus tea, 2 oz. soda water with 2 oz. of gin or vodka with rosemary syrup to taste over crushed ice.
2. Stir well.
3. Garnish with lime wedge or rosemary sprig.